Relevance: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blog, Rebel Mouse, Google +
There is a simple process to convert Social Media viewers, and followers, into visitors on your website or blog. It looks something like this:
- Add content to your website or blog;
- Copy the URL of the new post or content;
- Update all your Social Media channels with a post announcing the new content, and include the link in the post.
Now, for something a little more advanced…
- Watch your website analytics (You are using them, right?) to see what referrers are leading people to your new content. Keep track of this over a number of content updates to see if that referrer really is the largest source of views.
- Use a tool like SocialBro to determine when the best times for updating your Social Media are. Make your important Social Media posts during those times.
- If you update your content and use Social Media to drive people to it, be sure to post about it more than once. Call it a “reminder”. Over-posting looks like advertising, and will turn people off.